Thursday, March 5, 2009

Support and Fridge Magnets

I just received another donation toward the costs of producing this disc.  A fund-raising campaign was launched at the February 21st recital and I'm thrilled to report that I have pledges and donations totalling over $2,200 already.  

For the first solo CD I am so grateful to have raised over $5,000 by pre-selling it and through doing house concerts in my home and a couple of other locations.  As well, many of my amazing supporters gave me cash donations. The total cost of putting out that disc was around $15,000 and I do hope that this second recording will cost a little less than that.  I had looked into recording grants but none of the programs were really applicable to this project. 
So I once again turn to my community, with a fund-raising structure that looks like this:

For a $300 donation (gold) you receive:
  • acknowledgment in the CD liner notes
  • a signed copy of the new CD upon its release
  • a house concert at a time and place of your choice
For a $30 donation (silver) you receive:
  • a signed copy of the new CD upon its release
For a $10 donation (bronze) you receive:
  • a fabulous rainbow-Grieg fridge magnet (design by S. Stroobandt, visible at the top left of this blog)
Yeah, fridge magnets!  I didn't really set out to make fridge magnets.  It definitely happened by accident, but I can tell you that these fridge magnets are the best Grieg fridge magnets anywhere!  And the bonus is, every time you admire it, you can have this great feeling of satisfaction because you support the arts in Canada!  

I'm not even kidding.  The magnets look great.  I'll post the photo I took with my laptop, but it doesn't really show the full satisfaction of the glossy finish and the bright colours.  I'm sure they'd make great Easter gifts, Mother's Day gifts...

Seriously, if you are interested in supporting this project, you can donate through cash or cheque payable to me.  My mailing address is 207 Douglas Street, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 5P8. I'll hope to get the paypal option sorted out soon as well.

Thanks for reading and thanks for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment